Expertise and experience: 5 axis milling services
At Smithstown, we have an extensive experience in 5 Axis machining of parts for customers in a range of industries. Some examples of our recent 5 axis milling services projects include;
- 5 axis machining engine components for our customer in the Formula 1 racing industry, a short lead time and high quality parts are critical for this project.
- Contract manufacturing medical bone saw blades for a customer in the Medical Devices industry, a project where automation on our 5 axis production cell was key, minimal setup costs, machine reliability and quality of parts were critical in winning this project as this is a fully validated medical device manufacturing process.
- Manufacturing a range of custom fixturing for a customer in the Aviation industry, for use in manufacturing rotor vanes. Accuracy between machined features within ±0.005mm. Parts are finished milled per customer specification saving the need for further grinding processes.
- Contract manufacturing of parts for a customer in the Medical Device industry, which are assembled into an implanted heart valve. Product quality, accuracy and reliability are critical for this project.
Benefits of 5 Axis Milling over 3 axis milling:
- Reduced setup times
- Better lead times
- Reduced Labour costs – using our robotic pallet loaders
- Improved Accuracy and Precision, machining parts in one setup allows greater accuracy of machined features in relation to each other
Find out more about our milling services: